Our business is growing fast, and we need your help.
We’re looking for a customer service lead (also known as the team unicorn) to come and spearhead the next phase of our customer support function.
You will ultimately be responsible for the customer experience through our support channel and processes, from pre-purchase enquires through to the resolution of post purchase follow up.
We see this person as someone who loves setting up and getting the best out of technology to support our workflows, using reporting / analytics to make improvements to our processes, leading a small but growing team in New Zealand (and soon to be offshore) – all whilst making sure customer satisfaction is at the heart of our business.
This role will ultimately be focused on the following:
- Implementing support desk software to scale, automating our support processes and getting the best out of these systems over the long term.
- Reducing the sales to support ratio (as we grow) by using data to drive changes to how we do support.
- Increasing the ‘one-touch’ interactions with our customers (where a support enquiry can be resolved in a single interaction).
- Decreasing the amount of support enquiries coming through utilising website analytics and social listening tools to recommend ongoing changes to our content and user experience prior to purchase.
- Structuring, leading and the on-going development of our support team (currently in NZ but with a view to growing this in the European market to build a multi-time zone, multilingual team).
- Developing the processes around replacements, spares, refunds and warranties.
- Delivering world-class customer service, creating brand advocates worldwide.
You will thrive in this role if:
- You're collaborative and have experience mentoring and managing a customer service team.
- You have strong analytical skills, like to use data to drive decision making and can show us how you’ve done this in the past.
- You love solving problems and looking at how we can make iterative process improvements to make the experience better for our customers and our team.
- You like to experiment with new and innovative ways of doing things to drive success, including bringing in new software to support this (bonus points if you’ve implemented or run zendesk or another leading support desk tool)
- You’re not afraid of hard work and getting stuck into a growing start-up business. This is a grunty role, which requires the successful candidate to create structure around them and scale quickly.
Note: Bonus points if you like mountain biking, as we love riding bikes together – this is a core part of our culture.