The purpose of this role is full lifecycle product development (research, design, develop, prototypes, testing, manufacture and implementation) for new and existing products – to a production standard, working with international suppliers to deliver timely and quality products.
Key focus areas:
- This role requires creative thinking to develop and express novel ideas in 2D and 3D formats at all stages of the development process.
- Designing the function, aesthetic and usability of products from concept through to manufacture. This extends to user, technical and market research, testing, prototyping and creating production artefacts.
- Investigating and assessing the feasibility / pathway for new product development “discovery” projects.
- Active communication with clients and R&D partners in both China and Taiwan including sourcing pricing.
- Defining and implementing quality standards across all products.
- Have a broad understanding of design processes and are able to implement a range of different design methods to create novel designs and extract insights from users.
- The ability to rapidly mock-up prototypes and know when perfection is required and when lo-fi prototypes will do the job.
- Be a creative thinker and willing to challenge existing information and precedents.
- Highly proficient in CAD design and Adobe Creative suite, with excellent sketching and presentation skills.
- Always design with form, aesthetics, economics and user driven insights at the forefront.
- Love mountain biking and share our vision of creating the next generation of mountain bikers.